HELP YOUR BRAND REACH ITS FULL POTENTIAL
A sampling program is a great solution for marketing your product to target consumers. Whether you are trying to attract new customers or get the word out about new products to your returning customers, creating samples with a contract packing company can be just what you need. These reliable methods of sampling for advertising are effectively used by many companies around the world. Keeping up with the competition is important in the business industry, and we want to help you get your products out there to make your company a success. You may have some questions, such as:
- DO SAMPLE PACKETS REALLY WORK?
- HOW CAN IT BENEFIT MY BUSINESS?
- HOW DO I SET UP AN EFFECTIVE SAMPLING PROGRAM?
- We wanted to answer those questions for you, so you can start using a sampling program to boost your sales and increase your business’s presence.
PROOF THAT SAMPLING REALLY WORKS
- It’s easy to say that sample packets are effective and can improve your business, but you may want to see actual data confirming this. There have been many studies done about sampling programs; you aren’t the only company who wanted to know that they are getting their money’s worth when they use one. Many articles are written about sampling, and they often include facts from marketing studies. We have gathered some of the proven statistics about the value of creating those foil sample packets for customers, and would like to show you what we found.
- An article on info-now.com listed some pertinent findings from a study called The Second Annual Survey Consumer Preferences for Product Sampling. This article also provides further general information about sampling, and some tips for businesses considering this marketing method.
- A more recent article, found here, contains findings from several sources, including studies for the United States Postal Service (USPS) and the Promotion Marketing Association (PMA). Some statistics they found:
- The PMA found that sample products reach 70 million homes every quarter, and 75% of customers disclosed that samples are what made them aware of many products.
- A poll used by USPS found that 81% of consumers said they would try a product after receiving a sample.
- 61% of people, in that same poll for USPS, said that the most effective way to get them to try a product is through samples.
- It is clear that sample pouches really are effective, and many consumers thoroughly enjoy receiving them. Now, let’s take a look at some of the specific advantages.
THE BENEFITS OF A SAMPLING PROGRAM
Sending out foil sample packets has been done for many years, by many companies, and that is because it works. Here are some of the advantages of using a packaging manufacturer to create samples, along with a few more statistics from the USPS website:
- Highly-effective product advertising. The statistic from the USPS (stating that product samples reach 70 million consumers quarterly) shows that many companies use this method to market products to customers, and that is because it is proven to increase business and profit. Sending out samples is proving the quality of your product and putting your name out among the consumers.
- Gain new customers. Sending out foil pouches or cosmetic packaging filled with your liquid products, gives people a chance to try what you are selling so they will want to purchase it. They may not commit to buying a full-size product in stores if they don’t know anything about it. By giving them a trial, they can try it for themselves and see why the product is worth their time.A study found 50% of consumers who try a sample plan to purchase the product after.
- Customer retention. You may have customers out there that haven’t bought your product in a while, and maybe they forgotten why they love it. Send them sample packets and remind them what your company is all about.
- Encourage brand recognition. Hiring a contract packing company gives you quality samples of your product, which will represent your brand. According to information on the USPS website, 92% of consumers have bought products after trying samples. Sending your brand name and information to customer homes helps them to remember it later while they are shopping.
- Get customers to your website. The web is an incredibly popular and effective way to advertise products and services in this modern age of technology and connectivity. 84% of people involved in the USPS poll said they would probably log onto a website if they received a post card driving them there, and also might sign up to receive samples. You could include your website on the sample or in the accompanying information. When you put your name and contact information on flyers, postcards and samples, you are effectively putting your name in their hands.
- Handouts. You are not restricted to sending samples through the mail. The sample packages we provide can also be very useful in a physical marketing situation. In fact, in some of the data from info-now.com, it states that men are more likely to use samples they receive in person. This sturdy foil packaging can be easily attached to sales sheets or informational material and handed out to potential customers. Oftentimes, handout samples are distributed from booths or tables in a store or a marketing function such as a tradeshow. These are a great way to have face-to-face interaction with customers and give them something to take away.
You can get the marketing results you need by setting up a sampling program with us. If you haven’t used a contract packing company before, and are unsure how samples will work for you, simply consult with us and we will help you figure it out.
SETTING-UP YOUR SAMPLING PROGRAM
So now you know sampling really does have positive results for businesses and you have gotten familiar with some of the benefits associated with it. The next step is taking action by setting up a sampling program for your product. There are many different approaches when using sample products, and some are better than others. At IBR Packaging, we are very experienced with the different aspects of sampling and would like to share some tips with you about doing it right.
Target the right consumers. Before you start sending out samples, or even start filling foil pouches with your product, it’s important to learn more about your consumers. Simply sending out samples at random is not an effective way to market your product. In fact, if you don’t actively put your samples in the right place, it could end up costing you a lot of money. Make sure all of the pertinent market research is at hand, and that you know to whom you are trying to advertise. Then, you can send your product to households that will receive it well and be influenced by your promotion.
Choose the right quantities. The right number of sample pouches is the number that allows you to get your product represented in as many target consumer households as possible within your budget. If you make too many samples, it could end up costing you more money than you will gain from the advertising it provides. If you make too few samples, you could be missing out on potential customers and marketing opportunities. Do some research and consult with marketing professionals who know about samples. Then you can make an informed decision on how many samples to create.
Another quantity to consider is the amount of product to fill each sample package with. You want to make sure that you are sending enough of your product in each sample container for the consumer to get an effective impression of your product, without sending so much that the product is wasted or costs you too much. Be aware of how much product is needed for a working single serving and you can be sure your customers will be able to use your sample.
Create an effective design. The design on your sample pouches will tell your customers everything they need to know about your product. Be sure that your design includes elements of the full-sized version of your product found in stores, in order to encourage brand recognition. If your design doesn’t bear enough resemblance to what customers will find in stores, they might not be able to buy what you want them to. It’s a good idea to consult with a designer beforehand to ensure an attractive and effective look is used on the samples.
Once you have these elements taken care of, you can begin ordering your sample packages. When you have received your sample packages filled with your product, you can begin sending out your marketing material to consumers. If you are curious about the sample-mailing process, USPS has some great tips and options for this process. You should now have a better idea for how to create sample products that work for you. When you are ready to begin your sampling program, we are ready to help! Call 888-829-6509 or fill out the form on this page to find out more. We look forward to showing you the value of a sampling program to help your brand reach its potential.
Contact Us Today!
Call Us Today To GET STARTED!
1841 Monetary Lane
Carrollton, TX 75006, USA